This one’s for you, pancake lovers!
I’m sure you thought that on a low carb, high protein diet you would never get the chance to enjoy pancakes again… lucky for you, we found Kodiak Cakes! This LOWER carb, protein-packed pancake mix will fulfill all of your pancake/waffle cravings while providing you with loads of protein! Kodiak Cakes are a perfect way to cheat clean! We added an egg and some protein powder to up the protein even more. Here’s the recipe we used:
- 1 cup mix
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tbsp Chocolate Dream Slim Shake
- 1 egg
- Blend or whisk all ingredients in a large bowl.
- To make waffles: cook waffles on a preheated, lightly oiled waffle iron until steam stops and waffles are cooked throughout.
- To make pancakes: Pour 1/4 cup batter on a preheated, lightly oiled griddle at 375 degrees F, or on a skillet set at medium. Flip flapjacks after bubbles stop forming and bottom side is golden brown (should take about one minute to cook first side, adjust accordingly). Cook opposite side until golden brown (should take about 30 seconds).
Kodiak Cakes vs. Hungry Jack Nutrition Facts:
- Calories: 190
- Total Fat: 2g
- Total Carbohydrates: 30g
- Dietary Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 3g
- Protein: 14g
Hungry Jack :
- Calories: 225
- Total Fat: 2.2g
- Total Carbohydrate: 46.5g
- Dietary Fiber: 1.5g
- Sugars: 10.5g
- Protein: 6g
Photo Credits: @pbnvernie on Instagram