To all of our Catholic patients: We made it to the last week of Lent! We hope you have found some new, healthy, meatless recipes, but if you are looking for something new to try this Friday we have the perfect thing for you!
For our non-Catholic patients: We have the PERFECT thing for you, too!
If you like salmon and avocado this recipe will not disappoint! Our favorite thing about it is that it’s completely natural and won’t spike your carbohydrate count while giving you loads of protein and healthy fats. Not to mention, it’s Whole30 compliant, in case our last post intrigued you enough to give Whole30 a try! It only takes about 15 minutes to make and if you make extra avocado salsa you can use it the next day as a topping on something else!
(We love it on top of Trader Joe’s Chili Lime Chicken Burgers)
Here’s the recipe:
For the salmon:
For the avocado salsa:
- 1 avocado cubed
- 1/2 red onion sliced or diced
- 2 limes juiced
- 1 tbs fresh cilantro chopped
- Mix the salt, chili powder, cumin, paprika, onion, and black pepper together. Rub the salmon filets with olive oil and this seasoning mix.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes
- Pre-heat the grill
- Combine avocado, onion, cilantro, lime juice, and salt in a bowl and mix well. Chill until ready to use.
- Gill the salmon to desired doneness (at least 5 minutes)
- Top with avocado salsa and enjoy!