Happy New Year! There is no better way to start a new chapter than by putting yourself first. Make health and wellness a goal for yourself this year and unlock potential you never even dreamed of! Here are some tips to help you start out losing weight and becoming a healthier version of yourself from the Aspen Clinic of Louisiana.Â
5 Tips To Start Your Wellness Journey
- Make the Commitment: Making the decision to change your lifestyle, and become a healthier version of yourself is the biggest step to take when getting started! Start simply by making a commitment to yourself and your body. According to the CDC, many people find it helpful to sign a written contract committing to the process. This contract may include things like the amount of weight you want to lose, the date youâ€™d like to lose the weight by, the dietary changes youâ€™ll make to establish healthy eating habits, and a plan for getting regular physical activity.
- Set Realistic Goals: Set some short-term goals and reward your efforts along the way. If your goal is to create healthier eating habits, donâ€™t just jump in cold turkey! Take it slow and steady, thatâ€™s how you will see the best results.
- Check In With Yourself: Revisit the goals you set for yourself and evaluate your progress regularly. If you set a goal to walk each morning but are having trouble fitting it in before work, see if you can shift your work hours or if you can get your walk in at lunchtime or after work. Evaluate which parts of your plan are working well and which ones need tweaking. Then rewrite your goals and plan accordingly.
- Identify resources for information and support: The Aspen Clinic is here to help you on this journey! You donâ€™t have to do this alone, and shouldnâ€™t! Our nutritional program director and owner, M.Barbie Dupuis, is a certified Holistic Nutritionist and truly believes that health conditions are reflective of poor lifestyle and food choices, and these health problems can be healed with proper nutrition, and is happy to help!
- Shop Our Weight Loss Essentials: Our Calorie, Fat, & Carbohydrate Counter, Food Diary, and Water Bottle are the Aspen Clinics 3 Weight Loss Essentials to get started! Show these in our store! Our “Patient Essentials” come included in our Platinum, Gold, Silver, or Bronze packages to provide everything you need to get started! You can also find each item in our online store.
Join The Aspen Clinic – We Have 9 Locations in Louisiana
The Aspen Clinic program is based on lifestyle changes, not temporary dieting. In summary, our program is designed to increase your metabolism and help you develop a new set of eating and activity habits. We will individualize your program according to your daily caloric needs to ensure that you are losing fat and avoiding the loss of lean muscle mass.
Visit any of our Aspen Clinic locations across Louisiana, Baton Rouge, Covington, Hammond, Harvey, Houma, Lafayette, Metairie, Prairieville, and Slidell, or schedule an appointment today to get started!